Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Italian Tuna with French Mayo. A Wonderfully Easy Spring Salad

In New York, the temperature is 50 degrees and daffodils selling like, like well, like daffodils on a sunny spring day. Walking past Whole Foods Market, I could smell the fragrant spring flowers. Posies, Tulips, Irises and  Ranunculus were all competing for attention. Strawberries and rhubarb were up front in the produce aisle and everything was looking greener, brighter and more alive. 
Spring is in the air! 
Once I'm smitten with the bug, the food in my house becomes lighter fare. Today I opened my favorite Italian tuna, Genova Tonno

and added  Sclafani Capers.
I mixed in a dollop of my favorite French mayo, Delouis Mayonnaise and some fresh ground pepper.
I finished it with a little lemon juice, avocado and wild arugula. What I had on my hands was a lovely spring lunch.
So good in fact, my darling son wanted some. 
Happy Spring Everyone!

All photos and text are property of The Gypsy Chef.

13 comments:

  1. That salad is really appealing. And this from someone who doesn't care for salads.

    One of my favourite sandwiches - tuna topped with sliced onion, tomato and avocado.

    I'm on the hunt now to find a can of your favourite tuna.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect lunch! It looks delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm...this looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the type of lunch I would love to eat on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, beautiful salad. I love avocado with tuna. I always feel healthier when I eat it. The pictures are lovely as well and I have never tried French mayonnaise... looks creamy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. una ensalada llena de vitaminas,luce muy linda,abrazos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great salad! I wish spring was in the air where I live - more snow and cold weather soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect little salad! Happy spring right back at ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this looks delicious! This will make for a great light dinner one night this week. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Only you could make tuna salad elegant! I've never seen that kind of tuna...must look out for it. Happy spring, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I go to a little Italian shop in Toronto once a month I will have to see if they have this tuna. Now I don't care for capers do you think it will make a huge difference in the taste if I don't use?
    Very nice spring lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I had this for lunch, my afternoons would be even happier. This does represent Spring which may have "sprung."

    ReplyDelete
  13. Indeed! Easy and awesome! Quite tasty, I must say.

    ___
    call Nepal

    ReplyDelete