Thursday, August 6, 2009

Grilled Pesto and Mozzarella Sandwich for a Garage Painter

The other day my son was painting the garage. It was hot, muggy and he was starving. I thought I had nothing in the house.
Then I remembered my homemade pesto, oven roasted tomatoes and some leftover fresh mozzarella cheese.
I had some yummy Arthur Avenue Casa Bread from the Bronx and I gave it a quick toasting. Slathered it with pesto, slices of mozzarella and threw on some oven roasted tomatoes.
I popped it back into the toaster oven and melted the cheese and served it up with a tall glass of Iced Tea. The boy was in heaven, and lunch took a mere 10 minutes from start to finish.
All text and pictures are property of The Gypsy Chef

2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite kind of food. Great ingredients don't need much futzing, do they? Now I'm hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sandwich looks really amazing. I happened to have a lot of mozzarella at home.

    ReplyDelete